The Staff Association has expressed shock and profound sorrow in response to the deaths of four cherished members of the CSIRO family in a recent helicopter accident.
Dr Tony Farmer, Dr Gerry Haddad, Dr Don Price and Dr John Dunlop were killed when their helicopter crashed at Bulli Tops, located in the Illawarra region just south of Sydney.
The distinguished scientists were recently retired CSIRO officers. All four men were long-standing members of the Staff Association throughout their careers.
Messages of sympathy can be posted below or by emailing email@example.com
Funeral and memorial arrangements
- Sunday 31st March: Steve Wilkins-11.30am at Springvale Botanical Cemetery in the Renowden Chapel (enter via Princes Highway and follow blue line). MINYAN will be held at Temple Beth Israel, 76-82 Alma Road, St. Kilda (Vic) at 7.00 pm. No flowers by request.
- Tuesday 2nd April: John Dunlop – 2.00pm at Magnolia Chapel, Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium, Cnr Delhi and Plassey Roads, North Ryde (NSW), followed by refreshments at Quest North Ryde.
- Wednesday 3rd April: Tony Farmer – 2.00pm celebration at Lindfield which will be organised by the family using CSIRO Lindfield – Bradfield Road, West Lindfield (NSW).
- Thursday 4th April: Gerry Haddad – 2.15pm North Chapel, Northern Suburbs Crematorium,199 Delhi Rd, North Ryde.
- Friday 5th April: Don Price – 2.15pm Palm Chapel Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium, Cnr Delhi and Plassey Roads, North Ryde followed by refreshments at Macquarie Park.
Staff Association Secretary Sam Popovski offered his sincere condolences.
“I was deeply saddened to receive this tragic news. Tony, Gerry, Don and John were Staff Association members throughout their careers and I was fortunate to have their input and guidance at various times on site visits to Lindfield.”
“My thoughts are with all of the families, friends and CSIRO colleagues. These are truly terrible circumstances.
“On behalf of the Staff Association and our members all over the country, we offer our condolences and share in your sorrows,” Mr Popovski said.
Mr Popovski said that he had contacted CEO Dr Megan Clark and CMSE Chief Dr Cathy Foley to offer the full support of the Staff Association as the organisation prepares to commemorate the four distinguished CSIRO officers.
Details of funeral and memorial services will be displayed on this page once the arrangements have been finalised.
Messages of condolences can be posted below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org