Science meets Parliament brings researchers, politicians and policymakers together in the national capital and provides a unique experience for scientists to observe the practical workings of federal politics.
We’re calling members for expressions of interest to form part of the Staff Association’s delegation to Science meets Parliament 2015.
Held over two days in Canberra, Science meets Parliament offers a special opportunity for science workers to meet with federal politicians, policymakers, media commentators and key industry stakeholders in the grounds and surrounds of the Australian Parliament.
The event will take place on Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 March. Confirmed speakers include Chief Scientist for Australia Professor Ian Chubb AC, Business Council of Australia President and Telstra Chair Ms Catherine Livingstone AO and Federal Minister for Industry Ian Macfarlane.
Staff Association delegation
Together with our partners and event host, Science and Technology Australia, the CSIRO Staff Association is seeking expressions of interest from members interested in attending the 2015 edition of Science meets Parliament.
- Expressions of interest are welcome from all financial members of the CSIRO Staff Association.
- Early career scientists are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to members who have not previously attended a Science meets Parliament or Science meets Policymakers event.
- Successful applicants will receive event registration, return airfare to Canberra plus accommodation and relevant travel expenses.
- Participants are also invited to share their experiences by contributing to one of the Staff Association’s publications.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of interest can be emailed here. Please include a brief description of the work your perform and what you hope to gain from attending Science meets Parliament.
The closing date is 5pm Monday 2 March 2015.