The Staff Association recently wrote to more than thirty MPs and Senators from across the political spectrum, extending an invitation to meet.
Subsequently, sixteen meetings with federal representatives took place in Canberra during 3-4 March 2015.
The meetings involved representatives of the Liberal Party, The Nationals, Labor, Greens, Palmer United Party and key Independents.
- Anna Burke – Labor MP for Chisholm
- Matthew Canavan – LNP Senator for Queensland, member Economics References Committee
- John Cobb – Nationals Member for Calare
- Mark Coulton – Nationals Member for Parkes
- Andrew Giles – Labor Member for Scullin
- Gary Gray – Shadow Minister for Resources, Northern Australia and Special Minister of State
- Bill Heffernan – Liberal Senator for New South Wales
- Jacqui Lambie – Independent Senator for Tasmania
- Glenn Lazarus – PUP Senator for Queensland
- Dr Andrew Leigh – Shadow Assistant Treasurer and Shadow Minister for Competition
- Sue Lines – ALP Senator for Western Australia
- Scott Ludlam – Greens Senator for Western Australia
- Ricky Muir – Independent Senator for Victoria
- Melissa Parke – Labor Member for Fremantle
- Arthur Sinodinos – Liberal Senator for New South Wales
- Zhenya (Dio) Wang – PUP Senator for Western Australia
Rally for your rights
The Australians Unions / ACTU national day of action on March 4 highlighted growing community concern about the Abbott Government’s attacks on:
- public services
- ABC/SBS Medicare
- real wages, conditions and our rights at work
- higher education
- pensions and superannuation
- unemployment benefits
- community services that support our most vulnerable.
For more information visit the CPSU website.