Staff Association Council Accountability
The Staff Association Council is an elected body with an Executive and Councillors representing each of the Association’s sub-sections. It serves as the Association’s Committee of Management and has responsibility for governance and financial reporting. The Association reports directly to Fair Work Australia as a registered section of the Community and Public Sector Union. In these processes, Council specifically:
- Ensures a full independent audit of all the Association’s accounts;
- Oversees and approves all Association expenses; and
- Strives to achieve a balanced annual budget, by allocating subscription revenue to the provision of support and services for members.
The Association’s operating and financial reports can be readily accessed here. The operating report outlines the Association’s operational priorities and achievements each year. Councillors always welcome questions and feedback at email@example.com
Your Staff Association Section Executive:
Dr Sam Popovski, Secretary.
- Sam is a former Livestock CSIRO scientist from the Centre for Environment and Life Sciences at Floreat in Western Australia. Sam is committed to representing communities – he was previously the Deputy President of the Perth-based Shire of Stirling and, at the time, the youngest Deputy Mayor in WA.
Sonia Grocke, President
- Bio coming soon.
Melissa Skidmore, Deputy President
- Melissa completed her undergraduate, Honours and PhD degrees at the University of Melbourne. Melissa began her career at CSIRO in 2000 as a CRC Postdoctoral Fellow, in 2003 Melissa was appointed as a Research Scientist and Engineer and is currently a Senior Research Scientist and Team Leader of the Polymer Chemistry Group in the Manufacturing business unit at Clayton. Melissa has worked in variety of areas during her time at CSIRO from the development of new materials for photochromic lenses, OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) research, with the bulk of her research in the area of CSIRO’s Reversible Addition Fragmentation chain Transfer (RAFT) polymerisation technology. Melissa has been a Staff Association member since joining CSIRO as a Postdoctoral Fellow in 2000, she has been a Delegate on the Clayton site for the past 10 years and Victorian Councillor for the past 3 years. Melissa’s Staff Association highlight is being part of the team that lead to the establishment of a much needed kindergarten on the Clayton site.
Mark Green, Deputy President
- Bio coming soon.
Scott Wilkinson, Treasurer
- Dr Wilkinson is a Research Scientist with CLW, studying catchment sediment fluxes and their management. He is based at Black Mountain and has also worked at the Townsville laboratory. Scott enjoys being part of the CSIRO staff community and advocating for its success.
Your Staff Association Section Council:
NSW – Mike Collins (Energy Flagship, Newcastle)
- Mike is a Mechanical Engineer working in the CSIRO solar thermal team since 2010. Mike has delivered heliostat fields with industry partners in Cyprus, Japan and Australia and is now commercialising CSIRO solar thermal technology in China. In 2016 he was the recipient of the CSIRO John Philip Award for Excellence in Young Scientists.Mike is a Delegate for the Energy Centre in Newcastle, and the NSW Section Councillor, and is passionate about science education, grass-roots organising, campaigning and advocacy.
NT and North QLD – Delia Muller (Land & Water, Townsville)
- Delia joined CSIRO in 1979 as a trainee and has since completed an Associate Diploma in Biological Laboratory Techniques. She worked as a Laboratory technician for 19 years, until switching to Project Support and Finance in 1995 after completion of her MBA. She currently works in the O&A Business Unit as a PSO and Finance and Project AdvisorDelia joined the Staff Association (then known as the Technical Association) soon after she joined CSIRO, and at various times was the president and treasurer of the North Australia branch.Delia has been the Northern Australia Section Councillor for a few years and have learned a lot about Enterprising Bargaining negotiations, as well as keeping up to date with issues that impact the working life of staff.
Southern QLD – Anna Campbell (IMT, Pullenvale)
- Anna is currently a Project Administration Officer for Energy, and an Administration Officer for Agriculture and Food. Prior to this, she had been a CSIRO Librarian for 21yrs. Anna is committed to protecting the terms and conditions of employment as well as the general welfare of CSIRO staff.
WA – Steve Charles (Land & Water, Floreat)
- Bio coming soon
VIC – Lynda Wright (AAHL, Geelong)
- Bio coming soon