For the first time Australian research bodies, representing hundreds of thousands of Australians, have come together to urge non-partisan support for science and all forms of research.
The research alliance – led by Australia’s most recent Nobel Laureate Professor Brian Schmidt – launched the campaign in Canberra this week, taking the message directly to politicians and policymakers in Parliament House.
- Research alliance – the core principles
- Australian Science – A public sector perspective
- Research Alliance – What you can do
- Research Alliance – Canberra launch in pictures
- Research will dry up without funding stream
- Union calls for action to save CSIRO jobs in Tasmania
- New research vessel on the horizon
- Big win for Childcare at Clayton
- Hands up to help out
- Clark facing chief challenges
- Bullying investigation a ‘wake-up’ call for CSIRO