On 31 October, Chief Executive Megan Clark announced in an email to staff that CSIRO was implementing an “interim” recruitment freeze “in line with hiring restrictions implemented by the Federal Government across APS agencies.
As a result, external recruitment at CSIRO has been frozen. Term and casual employment contracts will not be renewed unless ‘mission critical’. Post doc appointments and indigenous cadetships are exempt.
- Staff left in the dark over Matrix review
- Unanswered questions, uncertain future
- In the news, for all the wrong reasons
- Getting the message to Canberra
- Management defend Matrix review consultation
- Save the date – Staff Association AGM
- Latest CSIRO job cuts threaten next generation of Aussie innovation
- Answers sought on CSIRO recruitment freeze
- Pearce inquiry continues
- New CPSU website
- Matrix Review – where to from here?